I am honored by this very kind gesture of recognition by Good Woman: Threads of My Life.
I am happy to recognize Helen’s blog. If she hadn’t been the one to nominate me, I would nominate her. Her quest to figure out what life is about as she enters a new phase in her life – retirement, is heartfelt and profound. Whether talking about family love, cross stitching, childhood memories, aging, nature. or musing about life’s uncertainties, she is humorous, interesting and inspiring.
I am happy to accept this award, and gratified to be noticed and thought of as inspiring. Thank you so much, Helen!!
- Display the award on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers, link to them, and notify them about their nominations.
7 Facts about Me
- Gratitude is my favorite feeling, and fortunately I get to feel it a lot.
- I usually root for the underdog.
- I am a left-handed person trapped in a right-handed person’s body.
- I am a deep feeler, which is mostly a great blessing, but can be a little bit hard sometimes.
- The sounds of birds in the springtime can just slay me.
- I laugh easily and can be pretty silly.
- I spend a lot of time being 8 years old, exploring nature.
Though I am excited to accept this award, following the rules is time consuming. In nominating these 15 people, there is absolutely no pressure to accept, and if you have been nominated before, please accept my apology and just know you have inspired me. I hope it brings more people to your sites, for the visitors’ sakes as well as yours. Thank you for sharing your wisdom.
Nominations of 15 Very Inspiring Blogs
- Moved and Shaken: Some people are movers and shakers. I am the moved and shaken.
Kris is a wise, wise woman. She is an award winning college professor, and acclaimed public speaker and a very helpful life coach. To me, she is a mover and shaker, but humble enough not to admit it. She actually is in the process of changing her site name to “Walk Away Changed.” This is how you will feel when you read her posts. Her perfect choice of words, laced with witty humor will leave you both laughing and inspired.
- Boho Hobo: Catching Dreams on the Road This modern day gypsy is wise beyond her years. She draws you right into the hearts of all those she meets around the world, as she captures their dreams in words. She is open, genuine and full of life energy. She inspires me with her bravery in following her own dreams, her warm heart, her inspiring spiritual ideas, and her sense of adventure. She lives her life to the fullest, which as you will see, is not always easy for her.
- 2fuelyourbody: You are What You Eat
Nikki is a Wellness Coach. She gives great advice about how to stay healthy with her wealth of knowledge about nutrition and physical fitness. She offers yummy, easily prepared healthful recipes. Wheatless Wednesday and Meatless Monday are just 2 of the weekly gems. Her mission is to educate, assist and empower to make the best decisions for a healthier life. She can tell you what supplements to take as well as give information on non-toxic cleaning options.
- Guide to Awakening Your Inner Self: Begin Your Creative Journey Today
Sandy offers guidance for personal success, abundance, health, peace, love and an adventure filled life. She is both very practical, as well as spiritual – a good mix. She advises about many things from reducing clutter to walking through life changing events. Her photographs and writing talent has inspired me many times.
- Partridge, Pine and Peavey :Stories and Photos from the Outdoors and the People Who Live it
This bog is a wonderful blend of science and passion for nature. Hazel’s photographs and knowledge about New England flora and fauna are inspiring. I especially love her fox pictures. Conservation is important to her. She gives valuable information, including the history, habitat, medicinal and food uses for plants, as well as information about animals in the area.
- Mammoth Hearted Moments: belly full and heart busted wide open
Sara is a Yoga teacher, mama, student of Ayerveda, and a Thai Yoga Practitioner. She loves healthy food, and is a kitchen wizard, offering many delicious and healthy recipes. Who knew that massaging kale brings out the flavor and the nutrients?! Her generous, open heart, and photographs of food and family are a treat on any day.
- Cycle Farm: Growing food and bicycles in South Dakota
This blog teaches the ins and outs of organic farming. Their enthusiasm is contagious, and makes me want to go there and learn everything they know. Their photographs and writing are informational, touching and humorous.
- The ancient eavesdropper: Nature’s nuances in a nutshell
Tyler is a photographer, poet and ecologist who has the talent to make you see, smell, sense and hear a wide variety of nature with one photograph and a few poetic words. He captures the magic. I love the poem he wrote about a leaf that is in the shape of a leaf!
- Cosmic Wave Astrology: your guide to surfing the universe
Katrin gives inspiring advice to people of each astrology sign each month, like “Fun & Far- Out February.” She is a very wise and positive oriented person, and totally taught me not to dread Mercury in retrograde, which is a big deal!
- Another Voice: To finally say what I really think- in poems, essays, borrowed words, fiction and photos. Pull up a chair and let’s have a chat.
Sam is a scientist and a poet. She is a cancer biologist with a fabulous sense of humor. She says she has a “limited vocabulary,” but to me she has a magic, straight line to where all the perfect words live. Her talent inspires me. This is a very creative site.
- bluebutterfliesandme: Free to Be
Sindy’s site is spiritual, informative and insightful. She is very creative with her writing, art and photography, and gives helpful advice. She also finds information from I don’t know where, that she posts, and that is always just what I need to hear. She is very generous and has helped me out a lot with wordpress questions. A multi-talented, open hearted, lovely and inspiring blogger.
- Local Travel Tips: Take the road less traveled.
Cate’s blog is just fun. She takes us to all the places not mentioned in the travel books. It is more of an adventure tips blog, than travel tips. She finds the colorful places and events, like the rickshaw race in Kochi or the little town of Wedding in Berlin. I feel like I am right there laughing with her in a little sidewalk café.
- Quantum Hermit: A Life Unfolding
I am new to this blog, but became a follower my first visit. My visit was prompted by a comment she made on my blog that was so encouraging and enthusiastic. I recognized a kindred nature lover. Her blog is very open, genuine and well written. I love her humor, her honesty and her choice of music.
- nature has no boss: images as thoughts
Another kindred nature lover, whose photography inspires me. All of his images tell a story. I am either jealous of his talent or his camera, as I have many similar photos with the same subject matter, but so not as good! He finds some amazing places, and I really enjoy his work.
- Suzanne Zeedyk: The Science of Human Connection
Dr. Zeedyk has done extensive research on early childhood development, and speaks all over the world about how babies come into the world already connected. She talks about, and is devoted to this subject and how it relates to almost any issue in the world today from dementia, to terrorism, to school systems, to law enforcement. She has cracked the code on how babies communicate and she empowers parents, in a very understandable way to have a healthy loving attachment with their children.
Thank you again for this award.